As a corporate website master, it’s essential to understand that your site is often the first point of contact for potential clients and customers. Therefore, it’s crucial to get it right. Here are the 10 key features that every corporate website should have:
1. Clear Navigation
Having clear and simple navigation is a must. A confusing navigation system can deter users from exploring your site.
- Your main menu should be easy to find, typically at the top of your site.
- Use clear names for your menu items. Avoid industry jargon unless your users are familiar with it.
2. Contact Information
Visitors should be able to easily find your contact information.
- Consider placing your phone number and email in the header or footer of every page.
- Additionally, having a dedicated ‘Contact Us’ page with a contact form is a good idea.
3. About Us Section
This section allows you to introduce your company and tell your story.
- It should include information about your company’s history, mission, values, and team.
- A photo of your team or office can add a personal touch.
4. Products/Services Page
Clearly outline what products or services you offer.
- Use clear, concise language and high-quality images.
- Remember to highlight the benefits, not just features of your offerings.
5. Customer Testimonials
Testimonials can help build trust with potential customers.
- Include testimonials from satisfied customers, and make sure they’re easy to find.
- Videos or pictures can enhance the authenticity of the testimonials.
A blog is a great way to provide valuable content to your audience and improve your SEO.
- Post regularly on topics relevant to your industry.
- Make sure your blog is easy to navigate and includes social share buttons.
7. Responsive Design
Your website should look and function well on all devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Test your website on various devices to ensure it’s fully responsive.
- Use a mobile-first design strategy.
8. Social Media Links
Social media is a great way to engage with your audience.
- Include links to your social media profiles.
- Consider including social share buttons on your blog posts and other shareable content.
9. Calls to Action (CTAs)
CTAs guide your visitors towards taking a desired action, like making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
- Make your CTAs clear and compelling.
- Place them strategically throughout your website.
10. Security Features
Security is crucial for any corporate website.
- Make sure your website is HTTPS secured to protect your visitors’ information.
- Regularly update and backup your website to protect it from threats.
Remember, your corporate website is a reflection of your company. By incorporating these essential features, you’ll ensure your website provides a positive and user-friendly experience for your visitors.
If you have trouble maintaining WordPress like this, it is a good option to entrust it to a professional service such as WordPress保守.
For more information, check out this article comparing WordPress保守とは？費用相場・選び方・おすすめ12選と評判を知る.