As more and more people use their mobile devices to browse the internet, it’s become essential to optimize your corporate website for mobile users. Here’s a straightforward guide on how to do it:
1. Use a Responsive Design
Responsive design ensures your website looks and functions well on any device, automatically adjusting the layout to fit the screen size.
- Choose a responsive design when creating or updating your website.
- Regularly test your site on various devices and screen sizes to ensure it remains responsive.
2. Prioritize Speed
Mobile users often have slower internet connections than desktop users, so speed is crucial.
- Use Google’s PageSpeed Insights to test your site’s speed and get recommendations for improvement.
3. Simplify Navigation
Mobile screens are smaller, so simple and intuitive navigation is key.
- Consider a hamburger menu or a single-level drop-down menu.
- Make sure all clickable elements are large enough for mobile users to tap easily.
4. Make Content Easy to Read
Reading on a small screen can be challenging, so optimize your text to make it as easy as possible.
- Use larger font sizes and ensure there is a good contrast between your text and the background.
- Break up large blocks of text into smaller paragraphs to improve readability.
5. Enable AutoFill
Mobile users appreciate features that make filling out forms easier and faster.
- Use HTML input types like “email”, “tel”, and “number” to trigger the appropriate mobile keyboard.
- Enable autofill in forms to speed up the process for users.
6. Avoid Flash and Pop-ups
Flash doesn’t work on many mobile devices, and pop-ups can be annoying and hard to close on small screens.
- Use HTML5 instead of Flash for animations and videos.
- Use pop-ups sparingly, and ensure they are easy to close.
7. Make Click-to-Call Easy
Mobile users should be able to call your business with a single tap.
- Add a click-to-call button to your site.
- Ensure your business’s phone number is displayed prominently on your site.
8. Use Mobile-Friendly Plugins
If you use plugins on your website, make sure they work well on mobile devices.
- Test all plugins to ensure they don’t slow down or break your site on mobile.
- Choose plugins that are specifically designed to be mobile-friendly.
9. Optimize for Local Search
Many mobile searches are for local businesses, so ensure your website is optimized for local search.
- Ensure your company’s name, address, and phone number are consistent across all online platforms.
- Consider getting listed in local business directories.
Remember, optimizing your corporate website for mobile users is not just an option anymore – it’s a necessity. Implement these tips to offer a superior mobile browsing experience, boost your SEO, and increase conversions.
If you have trouble maintaining WordPress like this, it is a good option to entrust it to a professional service such as WordPress保守.
For more information, check out this article comparing WordPress保守とは？費用相場・選び方・おすすめ12選と評判を知る.