SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a critical aspect of any website. As a veteran WordPress professional, I’m here to guide you through the basic steps of SEO for your new WordPress site. So let’s dive right in!
1. Install an SEO Plugin
Installing an SEO plugin is the first step towards optimizing your WordPress site.
- Yoast SEO: This plugin allows you to add SEO titles, descriptions, and keywords to each of your site’s posts and pages.
- Rank Math: An alternative to Yoast, it offers SEO analysis based on 40 known factors.
2. Use SEO-friendly URLs
Search engines prefer URLs that are easy to understand.
- In WordPress, you can modify your URLs to be more SEO-friendly by going to “Settings > Permalinks”.
- Choose the “post name” option for clean, simple URLs.
3. Optimize Your Titles
The title of your page or post is the first thing search engines see.
- Make sure each title is descriptive, unique, and includes your main keywords.
- SEO plugins like Yoast SEO can help you optimize your titles.
4. Write High-Quality Content
Content is king when it comes to SEO.
- Write high-quality, unique content that offers value to your visitors.
- Use keywords naturally within your content, but avoid keyword stuffing.
5. Use Internal and External Links
Linking can help improve your SEO.
- Internal Links: These are links to your own content. They help search engines understand the structure of your site.
- External Links: These are links to other websites. Linking to high-quality, reputable sites can improve your SEO.
6. Optimize Your Images
Images can also impact your site’s SEO.
- Use descriptive file names for your images.
- Always add alt text to your images. This helps search engines understand what the image is about.
7. Improve Your Site’s Speed
A fast-loading site is not only good for user experience but also for SEO.
- Use a plugin like WP Super Cache to cache your pages and improve load times.
- Optimize images with a plugin like Smush Image Compression and Optimization.
8. Submit Your Sitemap to Search Engines
A sitemap helps search engines understand the structure of your site.
- Most SEO plugins can generate a sitemap for you.
- Once generated, submit your sitemap to Google using the Google Search Console.
Remember, SEO is a long-term commitment and results won’t come overnight. However, by following these basics, you’ll be setting your WordPress site up for SEO success. Happy optimizing!
If you have trouble maintaining WordPress like this, it is a good option to entrust it to a professional service such as WordPress保守.
For more information, check out this article comparing WordPress保守とは？費用相場・選び方・おすすめ12選と評判を知る.