As someone who has been working with WordPress for many years, I’ve seen firsthand how empowering it can be for people to create their own websites. It’s my pleasure to guide you through this process. Don’t worry, it’s simpler than you might think!
1. Choose a Domain Name
The first step to creating your WordPress website is choosing a domain name. This is your website’s address on the internet, such as yourwebsite.com.
- Make it easy to type and remember.
- Try to keep it short and concise.
- Consider using keywords related to your business or industry.
2. Get WordPress Hosting
Next, you’ll need to choose a WordPress hosting provider. This is where your website “lives” online.
- Shared Hosting: Best for beginners and smaller sites.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS): Great for medium-sized businesses.
- Dedicated Server: Best for very large sites or apps.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: All technical aspects of running WordPress is managed by the host. Ideal for non-techy users.
3. Install WordPress
Once you have your domain and hosting, it’s time to install WordPress. Most hosting providers offer one-click WordPress installations.
- Log in to your hosting account.
- Go to your control panel.
- Look for the ‘Install WordPress’ button.
- Follow the prompts.
4. Choose a WordPress Theme
A WordPress theme is a collection of templates and stylesheets that define the appearance of your website.
- Free Themes: These can be a great choice for beginners and can be found in the WordPress theme directory.
- Premium Themes: These are paid themes that often offer more features and support.
5. Customize Your Site
With WordPress, you can customize your site to match your brand and your needs.
- Use the Customizer: WordPress’s built-in Customizer lets you tweak your site’s appearance and see a preview of those changes in real time.
- Use a Page Builder: Plugins like Elementor or Beaver Builder let you create and customize complex layouts without needing to know code.
6. Add Essential Plugins
Plugins extend the functionality of your WordPress website. Here are a few I recommend for beginners:
- Yoast SEO: This plugin makes it easy to optimize your site for search engines.
- Wordfence Security: This security plugin protects your site from hackers.
- WP Super Cache: This plugin helps speed up your site.
7. Create Your First Post
Now, you’re ready to create your first post!
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on ‘Posts’ > ‘Add New’.
- Start typing!
You’ve built your site, you’ve written your first post, now it’s time to launch!
- Double-check everything.
- Make sure your site is visible to search engines: Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Reading’ and ensure the ‘Discourage search engines from indexing this site’ box is unchecked.
Remember, creating a website is just the beginning. As you grow, you can explore more complex plugins and tools, delve into SEO, and more. WordPress is a powerful platform and I’m excited to see what you’ll create with it. Good luck!
If you have trouble maintaining WordPress like this, it is a good option to entrust it to a professional service such as WordPress保守.
For more information, check out this article comparing WordPress保守とは？費用相場・選び方・おすすめ12選と評判を知る.